By ABDada
So I put an order in for a refurbished R3000 when I was still having issues with the P600 waste pad reset (which now I have a solution for).  Instead of sending me an R3000, they sent me an R3880 (refurbished).

Should I keep it and attempt a conversion, or should I send it back for the R3000?

Decisions, decisions.  I know the R3880 is SLOW but I also would love to replace my now-dead Neoflex 1 with a 16" wide print option.
By Andy
ABDada wrote:So I put an order in for a refurbished R3000 when I was still having issues with the P600 waste pad reset (which now I have a solution for).  Instead of sending me an R3000, they sent me an R3880 (refurbished).

Should I keep it and attempt a conversion, or should I send it back for the R3000?

Decisions, decisions.  I know the R3880 is SLOW but I also would love to replace my now-dead Neoflex 1 with a 16" wide print option.
The 3880 is slow but if you were going to do a P800 I assume they are similar in speed.
The r3000 would be the easier build since you have P600 stuff.
By ABDada
I'm bored with 13" limits tho, so it might be valuable to actually try to adapt OpenDTG hardware to the R3880 in hopes of having a platform for the P800 down the line. I demo's a low quality buggy 24" DTG a month ago and that was ridiculously slow but I see value in such a large platen area, too.

Slow isn't an issue for us, our upcoming order platform will only accept jobs based on available print slots and estimated print times. If we ever exceed 30% of print slot availability, we just add more printers and operators.

30% is the maximum acceptable to still leave space for same day turnaround jobs at a much higher margin.
By rickyride
i did a r3800 printer one year ago

the A2 is too big for Small tshirt so i did two platen A3  like taht i can do two shirt in same time or one big A2.

The 3880 3880 with good cartridge as this sold by polyprint can stay around 15 days without print, after you just start a hard cleaning on menu and every thing work nice

the head print should have a few more distance than R3000 

IT is slower but less maintenance