DIY DTG - Build your own Digital T-Shirt Printer

ScottB724
Contributor
Topic Author

EKprint/Epson driver conflict.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:45 am

I installed and activated my Ekprint. No problems there. I (as instructed) disabled driver signature enforcement. Installed EK drivers without issue. I did manage to get my EK to do a couple head cleans, but that was only after I deleted Epson drivers and printer from computer, and unplugged usb then plugged back in. EK worked/communicated as Epson drivers were in the process of reinstalling. Epson reinstalls automatically every time I plug the printer back in via USB. There's some sort of driver conflict going on. I'm hoping somebody can help me solve this. Thanks.

Andy
Site Admin

Re: EKprint/Epson driver conflict.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:00 am

Do you have the epson printer monitor software running? If so close that

ScottB724
Contributor
Topic Author

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:59 am

I don't even have that option. I uninstalled the actual Epson software but the drivers are what keep installing. I looked for a status monitor option all through the driver settings and didn't see it, so I'm assuming that's in the software itself.

ScottB724
Contributor
Topic Author

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 am

I have it working to where I can do a head clean, but won't do an ink charge. It starts communicating, but then the progress/status bar gets stuck at about 1/3 the way, then the printer kinda freezes up.