By Andy
ddelgrande wrote: Live and learn . . . :(
I've done alot of live and learn in DTG, it can be painful at times :)
By trentinos
Sorry for the confusion guys... I was the quoted person who claimed to have fixed it by starting clean before switching to the t-dozer. I've realized this isn't the solution as I've got 6 new machines... all with 0x53 errors I haven't been able to get past. I'm not sure what I did, but I haven't been able to replicate the 2 successes I've had yet. If it was a bad wire or connection I'd assume that might be 1/5 machines, but not all 6.

Really wish I found Open DTG before purchasing these. I realize this isn't opendtg hardware, but does anyone have any thoughts into fixing this 0x53 asf error? I'd be happy to pay someone (and post the success here) if someone knows a fix.
By ddelgrande
trentinos wrote:Sorry for the confusion guys... I was the quoted person who claimed to have fixed it by starting clean before switching to the t-dozer. I've realized this isn't the solution as I've got 6 new machines... all with 0x53 errors I haven't been able to get past. I'm not sure what I did, but I haven't been able to replicate the 2 successes I've had yet. If it was a bad wire or connection I'd assume that might be 1/5 machines, but not all 6.

Really wish I found Open DTG before purchasing these. I realize this isn't opendtg hardware, but does anyone have any thoughts into fixing this 0x53 asf error? I'd be happy to pay someone (and post the success here) if someone knows a fix.
------------------------------------
Before doing the conversions did you turn on the machines and do a print.  On the t-shirt forum, there was a thread where the guy bought the T-Dozer kit and didn't turn on the machine, just started taking apart the printer.  This causes problems since the printer doesn't get properly initialized.  In my case, I turned on the printer but didn't actually print a page, didn't even initialize the ink.  I don't know if that caused my 53 error but I was so disgusted with T-Dozer that I just went and junked the kit.  Note the guy on the T-Shirt forum was able to put certain parts back to initialize the printer and got the T-Dozer kit to work.  I, however, tried that but still failed. 
I then bought the OpenDTG AIO board and now am able to print after replacing the T-Dozer Nema 17 stepper motor and replacing their pulley system. 
One thing you need to be aware of is even if you get the T-Dozer kit to work, the kit has an inferior Nema 17 stepper motor and uses a 14 tooth pulley.  Those both really need to be upgraded with the pulley being changed out to a 30 tooth. 
How many T-Dozer kits did you buy?
By trentinos
Read my post. I am both the person you just quoted and say how many machines I have.
By Andy
trentinos wrote:Sorry for the confusion guys... I was the quoted person who claimed to have fixed it by starting clean before switching to the t-dozer. I've realized this isn't the solution as I've got 6 new machines... all with 0x53 errors I haven't been able to get past. I'm not sure what I did, but I haven't been able to replicate the 2 successes I've had yet. If it was a bad wire or connection I'd assume that might be 1/5 machines, but not all 6.

Is it possible that T-dozer boards run in roll mode and you are trying to use sheet mode in the RIP software?
Have you tried contacting T-Dozer? Ultimately they are the only ones that know how their code works.
By trentinos
The 0x53 error happens during the initialization, so there isn't a chance to set paper source. However, I CAN get past the error if I change the wiring back to non-tdozer and unplug the t-dozer board itself. That's one thing I haven't tried, but worth a shot - changing it back to a "standard printer" wiring and changing the paper feed to roll in the front screen. I know I didn't do this before but it doesn't mean it wouldn't work.

The t-dozer people have been less than helpful to put it nicely. Glad to take $$, but don't want anything to do with their product after it is out the door. It's their right to go that route and not offer a shred of support, but if you take a look at their now defunct website, you'll see it hasn't ended too nicely for them.
By ddelgrande
Yes I ran into the same problem . . . take your money and then be gone.  I even went so far as to call my credit card company and threaten to have the  charges reversed, but there was really no legal reason for me to get my money back—they delivered the kit!  But Chase did give them a call just to stir the pot. 

In retrospect there's no way anyone should buy a kit if there isn't a community to work through issues.  T-Dozer had a FaceBook page at one point but pulled it because I believe they realized word would have gotten out that their kits are/were really crap or semi-crap giving the kit's closed system to solving problems. 

Andy has taken the logical approach with OpenDTG.  the sites support and product offerings are what set it apart. 
By Andy
ddelgrande wrote: In retrospect there's no way anyone should buy a kit if there isn't a community to work through issues.  T-Dozer had a FaceBook page at one point but pulled it because I believe they realized word would have gotten out that their kits are/were really crap or semi-crap giving the kit's closed system to solving problems. 

Andy has taken the logical approach with OpenDTG.  the sites support and product offerings are what set it apart. 
Thanks. 
OpenDTG certainly has much room to improve but I think it's on the right track. Without access to the source code you're completely at the mercy of the creator. I would bet quite a few people here aren't running stock OpenDTG code, they've made changes to suit their build or tweaked code to fix an issue.
By ddelgrande
trentinos wrote:Read my post. I am both the person you just quoted and say how many machines I have.
I know you have six machines, but did you buy 6 T-Dozer kits?
By Andy
trentinos wrote:Really wish I found Open DTG before purchasing these. I realize this isn't opendtg hardware, but does anyone have any thoughts into fixing this 0x53 asf error? I'd be happy to pay someone (and post the success here) if someone knows a fix.
Is it Arduino based and do you have the source code? If so we could take a look.