By ddelgrande
Printer: P600
AIO Version 1 running build 00010

RIP: EKPrint Studio

So I've taken a step backward.  I was printing but now I get a 0xF3 error defined as . . .
PF PID reverse error.
[*]Encoder failure (dirty scale / scale come-off, encoder sensor failure), timing belt step-out, timing belt tension, paper jam.

[*]Any ideas which one would be most likely?

[*]Thanks,
[*]Dave
By ddelgrande
Andy wrote:Did you check the encoder wheel? Maybe you have some ink overspray on it?
No doubt I have ink overspray on everything.  I just cleaned the encoder strip and have been able to print again.  The question is can I print multiple times, as in again and again.
To clean the encoder strip I used Alcohol prep pads (200 for $4 at Walgreens).
Can I use those pads to clean the encoder wheel, or would something else be better?
By Andy
Yes those are the good wipes to use.

You should be able to go days without cleaning those
By ddelgrande
So I'm back to printing again.  I cleaned the encoder strip and encoder wheel.  I did see any dirt/grim on either swab I used but it must have helped.
The other thing I did was I had changed the EjectSpeed, HomeSpeed, SlowSpeed and BootSpeed from their defaults.  I put them back to their default values. The only reason I changed them was I just wanted to slow things down since the platen was ramming into the limit switch. 

I was able to print three consecutive times with out the printer throwing an error.

The problem now is I'm getting smudges on my prints. Just printing on plain white paper using non DTG inks (Epson stock cartridges that came with the printer).
By Andy
ddelgrande wrote:So I'm back to printing again.  I cleaned the encoder strip and encoder wheel.  I did see any dirt/grim on either swab I used but it must have helped.
The other thing I did was I had changed the EjectSpeed, HomeSpeed, SlowSpeed and BootSpeed from their defaults.  I put them back to their default values. The only reason I changed them was I just wanted to slow things down since the platen was ramming into the limit switch. 

I was able to print three consecutive times with out the printer throwing an error.

The problem now is I'm getting smudges on my prints. Just printing on plain white paper using non DTG inks (Epson stock cartridges that came with the printer).
Is the head hitting the paper? If the paper gets saturated it will wrinkle up and hit the head.
By ddelgrande
Yes, I think the paper saturation could be the problem.  I'll make some adjustments on EKPrint and see what happens. 
By ddelgrande
Yes, of course Andy was correct, I was laying down too much ink which was saturating the paper and causing it to hit the head.  I had EKPrint set for printing on a t-shirt, so I dialed back the amount of ink and everything prints correctly.

Now I'm just waiting on the DTG Inks and cleaner I ordered.  They should come next week.

Getting really close! ;)
By ddelgrande
So the dreaded 0xF3 error is back.

I had this problem once before but cleaned the encoder strip and wheel and all was well. This time nothing is working. I clean the whole printer: encoder wheel, encoder strip, print head, capping station . . . my car! ;)

The printhead goes anywhere from 5 to 30 passes then throws the 0xF3 error.

A couple of things . . . I'm just using CMYK and didn't print for a couple of hot days. When I can back I had to do a print purge to get the lines cleared, but the CMYK line are good now. The problem is the other 5 cartridges I just have the cleaning fluid I used when I converted the ink from the Epson stock ink to DGT ink (Dupont). Those lines are now clogged, but I will not be using them so it's not a big deal unless these clogged line somehow are causing the 0xF3 error. Note to self, you need to do a print purge from EKPrintStudio on those lines since they are never going to be used for printing!

From what I've read the error is hardware, but what failed. The other thing is the pulley system seems to be acting funny when the print starts. Platen in and out work fine but when a job is sent to the printer there seems to be a hitch in the start up sequence when the platen is moved to print. But other than that I don't see what's wrong.

Note, this is just a hobby, so it's not like I running this printer in production mode. It has very little use which makes me nervous. How reliable is this thing going to be if I were in a production environment?
By Andy
ddelgrande wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:05 pm
So the dreaded 0xF3 error is back.

I had this problem once before but cleaned the encoder strip and wheel and all was well. This time nothing is working. I clean the whole printer: encoder wheel, encoder strip, print head, capping station . . . my car! ;)

The printhead goes anywhere from 5 to 30 passes then throws the 0xF3 error.

A couple of things . . . I'm just using CMYK and didn't print for a couple of hot days. When I can back I had to do a print purge to get the lines cleared, but the CMYK line are good now. The problem is the other 5 cartridges I just have the cleaning fluid I used when I converted the ink from the Epson stock ink to DGT ink (Dupont). Those lines are now clogged, but I will not be using them so it's not a big deal unless these clogged line somehow are causing the 0xF3 error. Note to self, you need to do a print purge from EKPrintStudio on those lines since they are never going to be used for printing!

From what I've read the error is hardware, but what failed. The other thing is the pulley system seems to be acting funny when the print starts. Platen in and out work fine but when a job is sent to the printer there seems to be a hitch in the start up sequence when the platen is moved to print. But other than that I don't see what's wrong.

Note, this is just a hobby, so it's not like I running this printer in production mode. It has very little use which makes me nervous. How reliable is this thing going to be if I were in a production environment?
If you're noticing a step issue when the Epson is moving the board wipe down the encoder wheel on the side and make sure it isn't rubbing the sensor.

Do you see a pattern when you get the error? Is the head out in the print area or over the capping station?