By tjello
I'm ordering a new belt as I cut mine a little short.. but are there any GT3 14 tooth pullys or is 14 tooth only GT2? Thinking that might help if its skipping.. What do you think? I've tighten the belt more now and think that might have helped to, but since I'm waiting for a new encoding strip I'm not able to test it yet..
By Andy
tjello wrote:I'm ordering a new belt as I cut mine a little short.. but are there any GT3 14 tooth pullys or is 14 tooth only GT2? Thinking that might help if its skipping.. What do you think? I've tighten the belt more now and think that might have helped to, but since I'm waiting for a new encoding strip I'm not able to test it yet..
I haven't seen any but also didn't look extremely hard. 
Mark your existing belt and pulley with a Sharpie so you can see if the belt is actually skipping. It's a good idea to mark the pulley and motor shaft as well to see if it slips there.
By tjello
Still struggling here.. I got a new encoder strip and changed it out.. when it powers up the print head moves a little at the starting position there as you can see.. then bad grinding noise and then it shows error 0x03 :( I wiped of the encoder strip with some alcohol, but still getting this.. Any advice?

Sorry for the sideways video :p
By tjello
Can it be something holding the print head back somehow so its not able to move? Something I do wrong when I lock it with the plastic screw thingy maybe? I'm just supposed to move it back and then rotate it until I cannot move the head anymore, right?
By Andy
tjello wrote:Can it be something holding the print head back somehow so its not able to move? Something I do wrong when I lock it with the plastic screw thingy maybe? I'm just supposed to move it back and then rotate it until I cannot move the head anymore, right?
Yes that is most likely. 
You can see that the printhead is trying to move off the capping station but it hits the capping station lock. The loud noise is the printhead belt skipping
By Andy
tjello wrote:Yes, but can I tighten that white plastic screw too hard? Is that it? How do I know when I have it right?
If  you don't get the capping station and gears back in the original spot you can have issues.