By tjello
Yes t-dozer. I'm using the pully that was in the t-dozer package.. you mean the thing that the platen is running on, right?
By Andy
It appears you are missing steps... 

Either a slipping belt, slipping pulley, incorrect pulley or a t-dozer board issue.
By tjello
Hmm right.. I've tried to tighten the belt pretty hard.. Can it be too tight also? Feels like if I don't tighten it, it gets saggy..
By ddelgrande
Having bought the T-Dozer kit and then going with the OpenDTG AIO board I know the T-Dozer uses and inferior Nema 17 step motor.  I found it on ebay for $8 to $9 dollars.  The other thing is the T-Dozer uses a 14 tooth pulley.  In going with the AIO board I upgraded to a Nema 23 step motor and a 30 tooth pulley to match the OpenDTG code.  

Which brings up the problem with closed systems, you're stuck with what they give you!
By Andy
ddelgrande wrote: Which brings up the problem with closed systems, you're stuck with what they give you!
That's exactly why I'm leaving the code open. Many use it as intended but there are also just as many that want to adapt it to their own system that they want. 
By tjello
Yes and I will buy a aio board and probably a base kit later to build a second printer once I have things up and running.. But right now I need to prioritize and try to make it work..

I'll check the pully and belt.. I know it was grinding when something was off before so maybe something happened to it.. 
By Andy
tjello wrote:Yes and I will buy a aio board and probably a base kit later to build a second printer once I have things up and running.. But right now I need to prioritize and try to make it work..

I'll check the pully and belt.. I know it was grinding when something was off before so maybe something happened to it.. 
If your platen system is too heavy the motor could be skipping steps internally