By ScottB724
I'm running an R3000 build. It's loaded with dual CMYK but I'm only using half the (CMYK) channels (because I have them loaded YMCK/YMCK and can't get EKprint channel config figured out to run them both CMYK..but that's another story). Well anyway, I'm having a problem with the print head building up Magenta as it's printing - and splashing it onto my shirts. This has only happened a few timees and was after a few repeated accidental/unwanted head cleans. I applied some windex to the foam pads in the maintenance station (and drained it - then repeated a couple times) to break down and dilute some of the magenta build-up just in case it's due to the print head picking up (possible) pools of Magenta in the capping station as it makes it's passes back and forth.

I'm not sure if what I did resolved this issue, but I'm interested in hearing if anybody else ever had any problems with the R3000 splashing ink onto the garments during printing.
By ScottB724
No but it's a channel that was recently lost and regained via multiple head cleans. I can see the ink slowly beading up on the bottom of the head if I leave it sit in the open.
By ScottB724
Since I haven't been using the last 4 channels, they're just filled with cmyk, I didn't even notice my black and yellow channels are out. I can see the ink and bubbles moving in the lines when doing head cleans, so I know the the head isn't  clogged. I'm not sure how the pressurized systems work, my FP-125 isn't a pressurized system, but is there a chance that the leaking channel is getting extra pressure coming from those 2 missing channels?
By shabby
ScottB724 wrote:Since I haven't been using the last 4 channels, they're just filled with cmyk, I didn't even notice my black and yellow channels are out. I can see the ink and bubbles moving in the lines when doing head cleans, so I know the the head isn't  clogged. I'm not sure how the pressurized systems work, my FP-125 isn't a pressurized system, but is there a chance that the leaking channel is getting extra pressure coming from those 2 missing channels?
It could be your dampers.
By ddelgrande
ScottB724 wrote:Since I haven't been using the last 4 channels, they're just filled with cmyk, I didn't even notice my black and yellow channels are out. I can see the ink and bubbles moving in the lines when doing head cleans, so I know the the head isn't  clogged. I'm not sure how the pressurized systems work, my FP-125 isn't a pressurized system, but is there a chance that the leaking channel is getting extra pressure coming from those 2 missing channels?
----------------
I've read that if you're not using a channel it's best to leave it filled with cleaning solution.  I just went through the process of switching my P600 over from the Epson inks to the DTG Inks and flushed all channels with cleaning solutions, using almost a half a liter in the process.  
I'ver heard that other than White, Magenta is the other ink that gives people problems, so I wonder if you should clean that channel with cleaning solution.  Frankly if you just cleaned the channels with a head cleaning I would take a step back and go through the process of cleaning all channels with cleaning solution. 
By ScottB724
Not exactly sure what the problem was. But I began flushing the system with distilled water. Here's what happened: In the same exact spots on the print head where the Magenta was accumulating/dripping/beading, the distilled water was also accumulating/dripping...in the same EXACT spots the Magenta was. It continued to drip/leak for a good while (approx 15 head cleans) and then it finally stopped. I then did several more head cleans after that, just for good measure. No dripping, no leaking, just a nice clean print head. I'm actually surprised it's not dripping WATER from the print head considering that water is thinner than ink. If I knew the Epson pressurized ink system better I'd probably have a more definitive answer as to what the problem/solution was. Maybe a damper issue?...or maybe I had to run fluid through the system until  all the lines were completely full and the pressure balanced itself out?...(just a guess)

Because (in the beginning of the flush) the distilled water was accumulating/dripping in EXACTLY the same spot on the print head as the Magenta was, and that the problem no longer persists - I'm confident that if I reload the printer with DTG inks, the splashing/dripping problem should be resolved. I think it's fixed!

If after reading this, anybody has anything they'd like to add to help me better understand, please feel free. Thanks.