DIY DTG - Build your own Digital T-Shirt Printer

Andy
Site Admin

Re: OpenDTG Pre-Treater Build

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:22 am

ddelgrande wrote:
So I have everything I need to build the pre-treater, so a few more questions: 

1.  I'm building the base out of OpenBuilds V-Slot Gantry Set and V-Slot Linear Rail coupled to 1 1/2" PVC Schedule 40 pipe.  I will T the pipe to build the riser extensions but wonder where I should place those extensions in relation to the the V-Slot which is 39" long.  I'll be using/making a platen that is 18" wide and 24" long.

2.  The Start and Purge buttons.  Does the polarity matter when connecting to the Pre-treater board?

3.  bStop = Limit Switch?

4. Length and Speed buttons.  With the buttons facing with the terminals up, from left to right, would that be minus, ground, plus?

Thanks, 

1: I put the nozzle towards the front of where the Epson printer would be if this was a printer base.
2: Polarity doesn't matter on those
3: This is the back stop limit switch
4: I will look and upload something soon but you just want to keep them in order. 5v - Signal - Gnd. If you keep them in a order the worst case is they are backwards and your knob operates opposite.

Sorry for the lack of documentation. I'm working on more documents and videos 

ddelgrande
Contributor
Topic Author

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:33 pm

IMG_1754.JPG

Need verification if I had the pins labeled correctly.  I think I may have the 5V and GND reversed. 

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy
Site Admin

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:41 pm

I have the 5v and GND opposite in my notes. Worst case your knob works backwards and you then flip the wires.

ddelgrande
Contributor
Topic Author

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Yeah, I thought I had it backward.  I looked at the diagram for the potentiometer but could make heads or tails of it!

Thanks