By Andy
I've finished and ordered the first batch of OpenDTG Pretreater control boards. I should have them and assemble in about 2 weeks.

This board is an all in one control board to make an automatic pretreat machine. This board controls and powers the pump, solenoid On/Off and stepper motor.

Features:
  • Custom Arduino Uno microcontroller with built in USB port on board 
  • Runs open source code that is provided.
  • Builtin TB6600 motor driver for high torque stepper motors
  • Connections for 24v electric pump
  • 24v Nozzle solenoid PWM control for more precise spray control
  • Length and Speed Knob connections for controlling length of spray and amount of liquid sprayed
  • Start button connection to start spray sequence
  • Purge button connection to manually turn spray on and off to prime or flush system
  • Backstop connection for limit switch
  • All connections are easy to use screw terminals.
  • Barrel Jack or Screw terminal inputs for 24v power supply
I will be selling the boards for $150 for just the board and a kit with controller board, pump, solenoid, nozzle, power supply, hoses, hose clamps and control buttons for $550.

I will post pictures and videos of the pretreater working when I have the boards done so they are accurate to what I'm selling.

I've attached the mockup the design software creates. Note that some parts do not have 3D models so they don't show.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Andy
weekata wrote:Wow!
Do you have 220V power supply?
For ease of wiring I'm using this type of power supply.  It is rated for 100 - 240 volts but we have 110 here so I have not tested 220.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By shabby
Andy wrote:I've finished and ordered the first batch of OpenDTG Pretreater control boards. I should have them and assemble in about 2 weeks.

This board is an all in one control board to make an automatic pretreat machine. This board controls and powers the pump, solenoid On/Off and stepper motor.

Features:
  • Custom Arduino Uno microcontroller with built in USB port on board 
  • Runs open source code that is provided.
  • Builtin TB6600 motor driver for high torque stepper motors
  • Connections for 24v electric pump
  • 24v Nozzle solenoid PWM control for more precise spray control
  • Length and Speed Knob connections for controlling length of spray and amount of liquid sprayed
  • Start button connection to start spray sequence
  • Purge button connection to manually turn spray on and off to prime or flush system
  • Backstop connection for limit switch
  • All connections are easy to use screw terminals.
  • Barrel Jack or Screw terminal inputs for 24v power supply
I will be selling the boards for $150 for just the board and a kit with controller board, pump, solenoid, nozzle, power supply, hoses, hose clamps and control buttons for $550.

I will post pictures and videos of the pretreater working when I have the boards done so they are accurate to what I'm selling.

I've attached the mockup the design software creates. Note that some parts do not have 3D models so they don't show.

Looks good, will there be an early bird special?
By Andy
shabby wrote:
I hadn't planned one but sure. The early bird went well on the All in one board, those are all shipped now and the sales help bankroll getting it all ready.

How about early bird for the OpenDTG Pretreater controller:
Boards Only: $110 ($40 off) + shipping
Kit: $470 ($80 off) + shipping  - Kit includes OpenDTG Controller board, power supply, 24v 100psi pump, nozzle assembly, nozzle solenoid for on / off, hoses, and control buttons. Buyer will have to build their own transport system to either move the shirt under the nozzle or move the nozzle over the shirt.

This price and offer is good until the boards are done and ready to ship. Keep in mind this is a preorder so I still have to get the boards in, test them, make any code changes and then produce them. Realistically it will be very late December or early January when everything is 100% ready to ship.

Private message me if you want to purchase.
By ddelgrande
Andy wrote:
shabby wrote:
I hadn't planned one but sure. The early bird went well on the All in one board, those are all shipped now and the sales help bankroll getting it all ready.

How about early bird for the OpenDTG Pretreater controller:
Boards Only: $110 ($40 off) + shipping
Kit: $470 ($80 off) + shipping  - Kit includes OpenDTG Controller board, power supply, 24v 100psi pump, nozzle assembly, nozzle solenoid for on / off, hoses, and control buttons. Buyer will have to build their own transport system to either move the shirt under the nozzle or move the nozzle over the shirt.

This price and offer is good until the boards are done and ready to ship. Keep in mind this is a preorder so I still have to get the boards in, test them, make any code changes and then produce them. Realistically it will be very late December or early January when everything is 100% ready to ship.

Private message me if you want to purchase.
-------------------
So for the transport system could I use the same transport system I'm using for the P600 conversion with a few modifications?
By Andy
ddelgrande wrote: -------------------
So for the transport system could I use the same transport system I'm using for the P600 conversion with a few modifications?
Yes, the easiest is use the same moving platen concept and have a bar that goes up and over the shirt to hold the nozzle. 

You could also make it modular so they use the same base. Remove the Epson printer (cover it so it doesn't get spray on it)  and set the pretreater on it. You will want a wider platen top for the pretreater so you can spray a little larger than the print area and catch overspray.

I will show mine once I have the boards.
By weekata
Hi andy

While i am waiting the arrival of my OpenDTG Pretreater control boards and the kits, i want to prepare those pretreat machine structure, housing and moving parts.  can you give the detail specification photo or drawing like nozzle, solenoid ,etc.. so that i can start to purchase those materials needed  while waiting.
By ddelgrande
weekata wrote:Hi andy

While i am waiting the arrival of my OpenDTG Pretreater control boards and the kits, i want to prepare those pretreat machine structure, housing and moving parts.  can you give the detail specification photo or drawing like nozzle, solenoid ,etc.. so that i can start to purchase those materials needed  while waiting.
--------------------
I was about to ask the same thing after deciding to buy the kit.  Andy if you can throw something together I can create an OpenDTG Pretreater manual.  The manual should be fairly easy acompared to the P600 manual I'm working on.