DIY DTG - Build your own Digital T-Shirt Printer

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Re: OpenDTG Pretreater Control Board

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:18 am

Here is a picture of the nozzle body. It is TeeJet 19349-211-406-NYB

In the picture I made measurement marks where you can mount it. The solenoid screws into the side of this nozzle body so you don't have to worry about that.

In the attached ZIP file is a .STL 3D printer file if you want to print yourself a plastic nozzle holder. Note that the nozzle tip is at a weird angle to the nozzle body so make your mount adjustable. 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:22 am

ddelgrande wrote:
weekata wrote:
Hi andy

While i am waiting the arrival of my OpenDTG Pretreater control boards and the kits, i want to prepare those pretreat machine structure, housing and moving parts.  can you give the detail specification photo or drawing like nozzle, solenoid ,etc.. so that i can start to purchase those materials needed  while waiting.

--------------------
I was about to ask the same thing after deciding to buy the kit.  Andy if you can throw something together I can create an OpenDTG Pretreater manual.  The manual should be fairly easy acompared to the P600 manual I'm working on.  

Another manual would be great and I agree it will be a lot less information than the printer one.  Once all of the new parts arrive I will put it back together in the final version and get some pictures and videos. 

tjello
Contributor

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:04 am

I might get one of these.. I saw somewhere a pretreater that has a enclosure and that you hookup a vacuum to it to extract the extra spray.. how about having a on/off 220v/110v switch in the controller to control the vacuum?

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:29 am

tjello wrote:
I might get one of these.. I saw somewhere a pretreater that has a enclosure and that you hookup a vacuum to it to extract the extra spray.. how about having a on/off 220v/110v switch in the controller to control the vacuum?

I hadn't planned on it.

If you want to make it more convenient to turn your vacuum on and off you could get a foot pedal plug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VV4S ... ref=plSrch

tjello
Contributor

Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:18 am

Yeah that could work.

What do you mean by making the nozzle mount adjustable?

What should the distance from the nozzle mount to shirt be?

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Christmas came early to OpenDTG!!!!

Received the Pretreater controller board blanks in the mail. I will update here as soon as I have one assembled and tested.

I didn't change the logo yet on the board. I will on next batch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:26 pm

I've been a little busy lately but I finally got the Pretreater control board together. 

I've got the Arduino bootloader on the Atmel chip and my computer recognizes it as an Arduino Uno when I plug in via the USB so now on to testing and writing the new code.

weekata
Contributor

Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:12 am

That's good news for me!

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:12 pm

weekata wrote:
That's good news for me!

Yes sir... I'm on it :)

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:59 am

Here is a video of the OpenDTG pretreat controller board spraying a shirt. 

I built a quick and easy assembly that sits over my printer base, this saves money and space instead of having 2 platen systems.

I have some more polishing todo but functionally it's running 100% at this point.