Step by Step how to's
myearwood wrote:Hi Andy!

Great work on the videos. I'm expecting the OpenDTG arduino and shield any day now. In doing the re-assembly videos, you briefly show the hacked ASF. I can't quite figure out how you did it from the images. Do you happen to have any more details?

Thanks! This is a fun project!
The ASF is no longer needed if you use code version 17 with your shield.
Hi Andy

I found build 12 of the arduino sketch which shows version # 11, but you mention version 17. Where do I get that? I believe I have all the wiring done. I'm ready to upload the sketch so I can power it up. You've really done a great job with all of this!

Thanks

Mike
myearwood wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:32 pm
Hi Andy

I found build 12 of the arduino sketch which shows version # 11, but you mention version 17. Where do I get that? I believe I have all the wiring done. I'm ready to upload the sketch so I can power it up. You've really done a great job with all of this!

Thanks

Mike
Download the newest (18) here: http://www.opendtg.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=413

Since you have the V2 shield this code will work and it handles the ASF signal so you don't need that assembly.
Hey Andy

I gotta say "Well done". The videos were a great help. A little boost from you and the printer started right up!

However, I'm getting error 73 after the printer uncaps the head and moves the head out and back. I had uploaded sketch version 18. This is a very recently refurbished p600. I'm sure it's got all the latest firmware. The google search is providing too much info. I think the 73 has something to do with the ASF? It is spinning the asf motor before the error. I did remove the PW sensor. What do you think I missed?

Thanks!!!

Mike