Step by Step how to's
By saba
Just to be sure we're on the same page - the side with the motor is the back.

When I plug in my printer, the tray is at the front, it moves to towards the motor and stops just short of the limit switch and does not move to the front again. If I switch the wiring on my limit switch, then the motor moves towards the front on the initial plug in.

Does the limit switch need to default to open or closed? I think I have mine backward and motor on backward too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Andy
saba wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:48 pm
Just to be sure we're on the same page - the side with the motor is the back.

When I plug in my printer, the tray is at the front, it moves to towards the motor and stops just short of the limit switch and does not move to the front again. If I switch the wiring on my limit switch, then the motor moves towards the front on the initial plug in.

Does the limit switch need to default to open or closed? I think I have mine backward and motor on backward too.
Normally open. So use the bottom 2 connections
By TTunes
First of all Thank You SABA for the Pics and Help! That answered one of my confused moments. Just wondered if you could post a couple of pics showing exactly where the cables go and also your completed 1430.
Any more help with the 1430 you ran into for us beginners. :?
Thank You again!
By saba
@TTunes Happy to post pictures once I get it working :D I've been out of town for the last few days.

I'm at the point where the platen starts out in the front. I turn it on, platen goes to the back, hits the switch and goes to the front again and stops. The printer itself starts up fine (all green). I load the platen, press the "in" button and it goes to the back and stops at the limit switch. When I try to print, the platen tries to go to the back even more (and stalls), then it happens again and I get the out of paper error.
By saba
For the 1430 the feet don't match up to the holes on the printer base. Assuming the paper edge sensor is somewhere in the print head -- where does the platen need to be w.r.t. to the print head when I start the print. Right now it's just behind the print head.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Andy
saba wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 pm
For the 1430 the feet don't match up to the holes on the printer base. Assuming the paper edge sensor is somewhere in the print head -- where does the platen need to be w.r.t. to the print head when I start the print. Right now it's just behind the print head.
It needs to be behind. It's best to do a test print and use that to align the edge.
By saba
Thanks, that makes sense. Every time I try to print, the platen tries to move back past the limit switch and stalls. Then I get the out of paper error. If I press the 'paper' button on the panel, it does the same thing, but then I get the error code '0xF3 PS BS Drive Timeout Error'.

When I run the paper pass test in the WIC Utility - the platen again tries to move backward and stalls. I feel like it should be moving forward? Is there some config for this?
By Andy
saba wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:58 am
Thanks, that makes sense. Every time I try to print, the platen tries to move back past the limit switch and stalls. Then I get the out of paper error. If I press the 'paper' button on the panel, it does the same thing, but then I get the error code '0xF3 PS BS Drive Timeout Error'.

When I run the paper pass test in the WIC Utility - the platen again tries to move backward and stalls. I feel like it should be moving forward? Is there some config for this?
When you first power on the printer does the platen go towards the back or the front first?
By phy1212
saba wrote:

try changing the encoder A B values in the header to:

#define encoderA 2 // Encoder input from epson printer
#define encoderB 3
By Andy
phy1212 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:49 pm
saba wrote:

try changing the encoder A B values in the header to:

#define encoderA 2 // Encoder input from epson printer
#define encoderB 3
This is correct. If the motor is going back then forward at boot up then the next step is to change the encoder pins in the code.