DIY DTG - Build your own Digital T-Shirt Printer

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Arduino Setup and Connecting to Epson printer

Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Basics of setting up your Arduino Uno and connecting it to the Epson printer.

1.  Buy Arduino UNO or compatible clone
  2.  Download the Arduino IDE Software : https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
  3. Download the DIY DTG Arduino code, bounce library and encoder library http://www.opendtg.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2
  4. Install from zip the libraries within the Arduino IDE. (See attached image)
  5. Open the DIY DTG file within the Arduino IDE
  6. Connect your Arduino UNO via USB to upload the sketch to the Arduino. (Make sure you select the board name and port before uploading) See Attached image
I would suggest reading some of the Arduino basics to get familiar enough to upload the code and libraries: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/HomePage

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Re: Learn Arduino

Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:15 pm

In this picture you can see the back of the epson CA58sub-b board. These 2 wires are connecting to the encoder wheel sensor.

You will also need ground and PE sensor from this board. You can get them from the PE sensor wires.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:30 pm

The alternative to soldering and doing the wiring is to use the plug in shield board I've designed

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:37 pm

In the code you will see names and then a number.

For example:

int inBtn = 4;

This tells you that the push button to send the platen in needs to have 1 wire plugged into the Arduino D4 digital pin and the other wire to the Arduino ground.

The 2 wires from the encoder go to Arduino digital pins 2 and 3.

The rest are in the picture.

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Arduino Setup and Connecting to Epson printer

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:38 pm

For wiring the power supply and motor driver you can see this post: http://www.opendtg.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21

putba

Re: Arduino Setup and Connecting to Epson printer

Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:21 am

I have a question , how to connect the PE(paper encoder) sensor and PF(paper feed) sensor to arduino ? of the sensor cable which is connected to a digital pin 10 ? and the sensor cable which is connected to a digital pin 2.3 ? and what is meant Pesignal ? thanks

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:32 am

Pin 2 and 3 on the arduino goes to the encoder signals. I show them soldered above on the back of the green board. 

This attachment shows the pins on a R2880 sub board and which ones are which. For other models it is similar but you will have to trace some lines to make sure.

I'm not sure what model you are using.

putba

Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:43 pm

so the encoder signals A and B are connected to pins 2,3 arduino ? then feed paper sensor to detect the paper it is connected to arduino or not ? then it was just a 10 pin digital manipulation alone or linked also to the relay board printer? thanks andy

putba

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:54 pm

could you please attach a complete picture of the sensor cable is connected to the printer sensor arduino ?

putba

Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:24 am

i need your help,please..