Step by Step how to's
By randyb123
Hi,
So I am working on a build, started with a working 1430, followed the instructional videos and did the tear down and watched the P600 videos for reassembly. Let me also add that I have experience in serving commercial 3D printers and PLC's so I am no stranger to electronics and motion. 
I have the DTG assembled and it starts up, does the normal Epson stuff, cleaning station moves, head moves left and right then the paper feed turns, I see the encoder turning the light it on the reader then I get a paper feed error.
I started with AIO_V1_Build12 and it would not allow any motion of the stepper when manually trying to move. On start up the platen would move, press the limit switch and keep going until powered off. 
The kit only has one limit switch that I put in the back.
I then tried the build 16 which also did the same but did respond on the button move out.
I also tried 1400 Ardino build, on start up the platen does not move, it does allow for manual motion but does not stop at limit switch.
The printer is still in paper feed error.
I have tried both switches (twisted close) under the control panel, one at a time and together.
I have watch the video on wiring the P600 3 times now, I am pretty confident my 1430 is wired correctly. 
Anybody have ideas to fix the paper feed error first? I have a suspicion this causing my odd Ardino feedback, any help is appreciated.
By randyb123
update...I reinstalled the Adrino build 16 and the board light it now on and it works correctly on start up. Tray back to limit switch then out front and waits. I turn on the 1430 and it cycles thru the start up with no error lights and I verified with WIC, ready to print.
When I submit a print file even using WORD it errors out, tray closed, if I plug in the tray button with wires twisted together I get past the tray closed error but get a CD/DVD feed tray error. I try plugging in the second switch CD inserted error.
I have tried numerous combinations.
white in cd/dvd feed error
no plugs outout tray closed
black plug cd/dvd is inserted
both plugs cd/dvd is inserted

I have restarted and verified that WIC says ready print each time.
Any suggestions on getting past this error?
By randyb123
OK so I have been trying with plug in and making the switch move manually, getting closer but I am still missing some combination of open close on the control board two inputs.
Any suggestions? When I get this I will document my build for others, this was fun until I got to this last step.
By Andy
randyb123 wrote:OK so I have been trying with plug in and making the switch move manually, getting closer but I am still missing some combination of open close on the control board two inputs.
Any suggestions? When I get this I will document my build for others, this was fun until I got to this last step.
I shot you an email also but make sure the platen is in the back when you send the print job. It then feeds it through as if it was "Paper" You'll always get a paper out when the platen is in the front.
By leonate
Hi Mr Andy,
I have read carefully all of your post and I haven't find out Project Block Diagram, Wiring Schematic. I think you should build a Proteus project to simulate your project and for user downloading.
TTunes liked this
By randyb123
I am getting closer, actually printed a shirt today, turned out good from Illustrator.
Previous issue was corrected with header.h file and swapping the 2/3 A/B, now it feeds off the switch and thus when printing feeds correctly. It was really odd that the button out/in functioned correctly and it printed in a different direction.
Today I had to change the settings.h file and the stepperfactor to 8.535
Not sure why that odd number but it is working, go to 7 and there was a spacing, go bigger than 9 and it starts crowding together.
Now the issue is the return when the page is done printing it comes out to far and stalls the motor for a few seconds. Doesn't matter if i print a short or a long print, makes the same noise.
Can anybody help me make sense of the variables in the main build file? I think the issue is in there.
By valyim
I got "Output tray close" error..
I jump 2 connector(Black, White) in control panel, but still got error.
Do you have any idea?

thanks
By randyb123
valyim wrote:I got "Output tray close" error..
I jump 2 connector(Black, White) in control panel, but still got error.
Do you have any idea?

thanks
By TTunes
I have looked everywhere on this forum and can't find it - but would like to see 1430 instructions using the build kit. I have figured most of the kit from some of the pictures would like "instructions" for the kit it self and the modifications on the 1430 other than the 2 videos already done which doesn't show the build complete.. Just asking. Thanks in advance!
By Andy
TTunes wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:40 pm
I have looked everywhere on this forum and can't find it - but would like to see 1430 instructions using the build kit. I have figured most of the kit from some of the pictures would like "instructions" for the kit it self and the modifications on the 1430 other than the 2 videos already done which doesn't show the build complete.. Just asking. Thanks in advance!
I apologize but the 1430 videos aren't finished yet. Do you have a specific question?