Step by Step how to's
By saba
Hello,

I am also planning to do a 1430 build with the complete kit. I watched all the 1430 and P600 videos - Are there any major differences I should be aware of between the 1430 and the P600?

By Andy
saba wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:32 am
Hello,

I am also planning to do a 1430 build with the complete kit. I watched all the 1430 and P600 videos - Are there any major differences I should be aware of between the 1430 and the P600?

Make note and keep all of the switches to the covers and doors on the printer.
By saba
I have some wiring questions:

1. There's a ribbon cable that from the encoder wheel that I put in the AIO Board instead of the Epson main board. Is that correct? [See Attached Image]
2. If you look at my wiring almost everything goes to the Epson main board. It feels like there should be more communication between the AIO board and the Epson main board - Am I missing something? For example, in the video tutorials, some of the motors were connected to the AOI board - but my board is missing those ports.
3. What do I do with the yellow paper sensor port?
4. On the control panel - there's 2 sensor ports that I will twist together. The OP mentioned these in his post, but I just wanted to double check that they should both be shorted together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Andy
saba wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:05 pm
I have some wiring questions:

1. There's a ribbon cable that from the encoder wheel that I put in the AIO Board instead of the Epson main board. Is that correct? [See Attached Image]
2. If you look at my wiring almost everything goes to the Epson main board. It feels like there should be more communication between the AIO board and the Epson main board - Am I missing something? For example, in the video tutorials, some of the motors were connected to the AOI board - but my board is missing those ports.
3. What do I do with the yellow paper sensor port?
4. On the control panel - there's 2 sensor ports that I will twist together. The OP mentioned these in his post, but I just wanted to double check that they should both be shorted together.
1. You should have 2 ribbon cables. 1 goes to the small board and the other to the Epson. The connectors on the AIO tell you which is which

2. The motor and it's wires are no longer needed. The AIO sends and receives all of the needed signals in those 2 ribbon cables.

3. Leave the yellow plug with nothing. That sensor is controlled by the AIO instead

4. Those plugs are for door / tray sensors.
By saba
Thank you that makes so much more sense.

I have some follow up questions:

1. The AOI Board says "Epson CN6" however I already have a ribbon cable in CN6. Port CN5 is free - This is the port that originally went to the CA58SUB-B Board so I think I am supposed to plug it in there instead. Is the label wrong or am I mistaken?

For reference: https://youtu.be/77xvypvvYQg?t=263 This is a link to your 1430 teardown video where you remove the cables. The cable you labeled as #7 is CN6 and #8 is CN5. #8 went to the smaller board.

2. Just to be clear the motor that's no longer needed is the one in the attached image? Or did you mean other motors as well?

Thank you! I appreciate it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Andy
Yes that is correct, the label is different because the board is labeled for the p600

2. Yes remove that motor and the cable.
By saba
Great, thank you, I think I'm in the home stretch. I fired up the printer and all lights are green - wicreset reports no issues.

super super noob question:
To print, do I just submit a print job like normal? lol -- I feel like I need to configure the AIO board or something? How do I even do that - Do I just DL the code and flash it with different config settings? For example - my platen immediately goes to the front when turned on (I assume it has to start from the back) so I think I need to configure the motor to turn the other way?

Thank you!
By Andy
You actually want to plug it in with the platen in the front.

It will go back in and then to the front. Then turn the Epson on. If the platen is in the back when you turn the epson on you'll have issues.

To print push the platen in button to send the platen to the back. Then just print to it like a sheet of paper.

The AIO ships with the code loaded on it.