UV Ink Cure lights

Andy - Admin

• 1 month later...

Hey all

Can someone confirm - if you have a UV source and do have regular ink - not uv curable ink, there is no chance of damage to the printer hoses by the UV?

In other words, only if you run UV curable ink with the UV, then you must have the UV blocking hoses/lines and dampers?

The concern is only the UV curable ink will polymerize in the head/lines/dampers, right?

Thanks

Mike

• 3 years later...
On 3/27/2017 at 6:09 PM, UVDTG said:

Good to know. 

Now I'm wondering if a lower wattage LED on the left side of the head to do a "pre-cure", then a strip of higher wattage LEDs on the front edge would be enough to work. 

I read from a professional UV printer maker that they post-cure (probably in the same way you are thinking of) to make sure all ink is properly cured.
Just a little pre-curing might not be good as the ink could still flow around causing a not so accurate print quality. 
On the left side you have, I think, 10 mm (3/8 inch). That is enough space for LEDs of 30, maybe even 40 W. Usually that is enough to cure the ink. In some cases it might not be; then post-curing would be indicated.