Discuss different size and style shirt platens along with holders for other substrates and items.
By ddelgrande
I've built a platen comprised of what I call a Garment plate and a Rail Base Platen.  The Rail Base Platen Connects to the rail/pulley system of my base platen.  The Garment platen then connects to the Rail Base Platen.  The platen was made from 1/4" High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).  Details will be in the OpenDTG manual I'm creating and hoping to finish by end of January. 

Here's some  pics: 

By ddelgrande
ddelgrande wrote:I've built a platen comprised of what I call a Garment plate and a Rail Base Platen.  The Rail Base Platen Connects to the rail/pulley system of my base platen.  The Garment platen then connects to the Rail Base Platen.  The platen was made from 1/4" High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).  Details will be in the OpenDTG manual I'm creating and hoping to finish by end of January. 

Here's some  pics: 

----------------------
OK, it seems phpBB isn't liking my Google Drive links.  Here's a shareable link to all my platen pics. 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4VOh ... kNlRXFNU0k
By Andy
That's awesome and perfect design for those with basic tools.

Is it rigid? If the wheel plate bends your wheels will get loose.
By ddelgrande
Andy wrote:That's awesome and perfect design for those with basic tools.

Is it rigid? If the wheel plate bends your wheels will get loose.
------------------------------------------------------------------
The HDPE is very strong, even at a 1/4".   My concern isn't with the wheels, but with getting the platen level without warping the top and bottom garment plates.  I may have to use compression springs that aren't so rigid.  It also may have been better to go with 3/8" HDPE but I was trying to save on cost.  The cost for the HDPE parts was $27 and that included having Tap Plastic cut the parts. 
Total cost to build the platen was around $45.  
Note it does help to have a drill press since the holes have to be accurate with respect to the rail/pulley system. 
By rickyride
very nice!!!

You can cut each corner of the tray and round it, otherwise the corners will mark the textil.
By ddelgrande
rickyride wrote:very nice!!!

You can cut each corner of the tray and round it, otherwise the corners will mark the textil.
---------------------
The guy at Tap Plastics was nice enough to bevel the edges, free of charge!
By alex24bog
great work i have p600 ...acrorip 8.26 ,,firebird ink...open dtg shield 1.2   and 1.3

mi printer present problem

print the first layer ..when finalize ..error paper ..

you send pictures or  settings ..rip

and connections ..nema 17  ..pulley 30 teeths...driver tb6600

thanks