By ddelgrande
The thing I notice is the printhead zis never over the capping station when the 0xF3 error is thrown. Most of the time the printhead stops on the right side of the carriage return; a few times in the middle and never on the left side.
By Andy
ddelgrande wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:15 pm
The thing I notice is the printhead zis never over the capping station when the 0xF3 error is thrown. Most of the time the printhead stops on the right side of the carriage return; a few times in the middle and never on the left side.
Yeah I think you need to look closely at that encoder wheel. Over time they get dirty or ink fog on them. Also, if it isn't aligned in the center of the sensor it will rub.
By ddelgrande
Andy wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:18 pm
ddelgrande wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:15 pm
Yeah I think you need to look closely at that encoder wheel. Over time they get dirty or ink fog on them. Also, if it isn't aligned in the center of the sensor it will rub.
------------------------------------
Well, I've cleaned the encoder wheel as well as I can and the wheel is aligned in th center of the sensor but I'm still getting the0)xF3 error.

What else could this be?

I ran a print purge using EKPrint Studio on each of my CMYK lines and that works fine, but as I stated before the other lines are clogged but I don't use them. Could this be an indication the printhead is hosed and giving me a 0xF3 error?
By ddelgrande
So why is it that I can run a print purge or a nozzle check and not have a problem but when I try to print color bars from EKPrint Studio I get an 0xF3 error.

You would think for the number of times I have run a print purge/nozzle check I would get at least one 0xF3 error.

Does the encoder not come into play?

What am I missing?
By Andy
ddelgrande wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:32 pm
So why is it that I can run a print purge or a nozzle check and not have a problem but when I try to print color bars from EKPrint Studio I get an 0xF3 error.

You would think for the number of times I have run a print purge/nozzle check I would get at least one 0xF3 error.

Does the encoder not come into play?

What am I missing?
I'm not sure but different RIP actions can cause printer issues.

I've printed a ton on EK RIP with OpenDTG and didn't have errors and then tried Kothari and it errored. Turned out that certain combinations of settings / resolutions made the Epson encoder wheel act completely different and crazy.

Maybe something similar is happening. Do you get the error when printing?
By ddelgrande
Yes, I get the error when printing. Now this all worked for months using EKPrint and then it got hot and I didn't print as often as I should have and then the 0xF3 error occurred.

The one thing I noticed cleaning the encoder strip and wheel is the encoder strip has what looks like a smear located on the left side of the printer 4 inches in. It cannot be removed and I have no idea how that happened.

Is it worth changing the strip?
Well a damaged encoder strip cause a 0xF3 error?