DIY DTG - Build your own Digital T-Shirt Printer

alkozy

Re: Wiring stepper motor driver and power supply with Arduino

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:52 am

Andy wrote:
alex24bog wrote:
when press the limit switch ,,,the steeper motor tremble ...no stop,,,arduino p008....nema 17  ...tbs6600  ...printer scp600..thanks

It is supposed to hit the back switch and then slowly come forward until it is released.

Make sure you are testing with a fully built system so everything is triggered properly. When doing it by hand it won't be the exact same as the platen moving like it is supposed to.

You really think that can be the problem of motor trembling? I am also testing this wiring and have the same problem. You know it does not matter if platen or finger pushes limit switch I think. It should just stop, not talking about platen returning to the front when there is short delay while platen unclick limit switch.

alkozy

Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:28 am

Andy wrote:
alex24bog wrote:
when press the limit switch ,,,the steeper motor tremble ...no stop,,,arduino p008....nema 17  ...tbs6600  ...printer scp600..thanks

It is supposed to hit the back switch and then slowly come forward until it is released.

Make sure you are testing with a fully built system so everything is triggered properly. When doing it by hand it won't be the exact same as the platen moving like it is supposed to.

So you are saying that when I push the in button platen goes to the back, pushes limit swith and than release it? And than the platen is ready for print?? Let me understand. So IN button function is done when limit switch is released at the end of system? THANKS

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:08 am

Yes when you send the platen in it hits the back switch and slowly comes off of it. The coming off of the switch is probably the slow movement you say trembles.

This is why I recommend new builders to do the testing with a complete base instead of just the components triggered by hand because some things won't make sense or you might not simulate exactly the same as it normally operates.

arapid@aol.com
Contributor

Sat May 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Can anyone kindly post the wiring for Arduino Shield with Motor driver also the AB switch function

thanks

Andy
Site Admin
Topic Author

Sun May 21, 2017 6:40 pm

arapid@aol.com wrote:
Can anyone kindly post the wiring for Arduino Shield with Motor driver also the AB switch function

thanks

There is some information here: http://opendtg.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=658&sid=aa0cf5ceedc5a67efc379b5cf4ba1cdf