DIY DTG - Build your own Digital T-Shirt Printer

ddelgrande
Contributor
Topic Author

OpenDTG Pre-Treater Build

Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:00 am

I starting to come up with my design for the OpenDTG Pre-Treater build using the OpenDTG Pre-Treater kit and have a few questions: 

1.  The kit came with two vinyl tubes/tubing.  I can see how the smaller diameter of the two connects the pre-treater solution to the pump and the pump to the nozzle but I don't know why one needs the larger diameter tube.  What's its purpose?

2.  I can't find any documentation on the pump as to which ends runs to the pre-treatment solution and which goes to the nozzle, as in which end is in and which end is out with respect to the pump?

3. How does one purge the system?  Looking at other pre-treaters, they all have a purge function.  Does the OpenDTG kit have this function?

4. I can see from Andy's video that function of the Pre-Treater kit works much the same way as for the AIO board (platen hits the limit switch and then starts to spray).  I'm wondering if there is or could be an adjustment to spray just part of the shirt?

5.  I'm looking at building the system using a platen that is 18" wide and 24" long.  Is that too big?  If so what would be the recommended size?

6.  Andy stated his Pre-Treater test set up nozzle was 7" from the platen.  Anyone else using a difference height?  Yes I know I can try and make the nozzle height adjustable but don't see an elegant way to do that given I would like to run the tubing inside the 1" PVC pipe I will be using for my build.  Any suggestions would be helpful. 

I don't see this as a difficult build, just need some answers and then will document. 

Thanks!

Andy
Site Admin

Re: OpenDTG Pre-Treater Build

Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:40 am

1: The tubes should be the same inner diameter. One is braided to handle the pressure coming out of the pump to the nozzle

2:  There is a small arrow on the pump by the inlets to show which way the flow goes.

3: Yes you have a button called purge. Holding that down opens the nozzle

4: Length and speed is adjusted with a knob.

5: I haven't tried the nozzle spraying that wide but it should by raising it higher. Length you can just adjust the code and go as long as  you want

ddelgrande
Contributor
Topic Author

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:35 am

Regarding the inlet arrow on the pump, it's on the bottom—a little black arrow.  So when looking at the pump from the top the flow should be as shown in the following pic: 

[attachment=0]pump.JPG[/attac
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alex24bog
Contributor

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:31 pm

hello in amazon usa what reference ..thanks

ddelgrande
Contributor
Topic Author

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:40 pm

alex24bog wrote:
hello in amazon usa what reference ..thanks

ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/24V-Seaflo-100- ... 1594991665

ddelgrande
Contributor
Topic Author

Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:19 pm

I believe the Bounce2.h library needs to be included in the Pre-Treater Build 00003.  Just need verification if this is correct. 

Thanks

Andy
Site Admin

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:22 am

ddelgrande wrote:
I believe the Bounce2.h library needs to be included in the Pre-Treater Build 00003.  Just need verification if this is correct. 

Thanks

Yes you need the Bounce2.h library

ddelgrande
Contributor
Topic Author

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Andy wrote:
ddelgrande wrote:

Thanks

-------------
Might be a good idea to add that requirement to the Download section under OpenDTG Pre-Treater Board.

Andy
Site Admin

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:25 pm

ddelgrande wrote:
Andy wrote:
ddelgrande wrote:

Thanks

-------------
Might be a good idea to add that requirement to the Download section under OpenDTG Pre-Treater Board.

Done

ddelgrande
Contributor
Topic Author

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:06 am

So I have everything I need to build the pre-treater, so a few more questions: 

1.  I'm building the base out of OpenBuilds V-Slot Gantry Set and V-Slot Linear Rail coupled to 1 1/2" PVC Schedule 40 pipe.  I will T the pipe to build the riser extensions but wonder where I should place those extensions in relation to the the V-Slot which is 39" long.  I'll be using/making a platen that is 18" wide and 24" long.

2.  The Start and Purge buttons.  Does the polarity matter when connecting to the Pre-treater board?

3.  bStop = Limit Switch?

4. Length and Speed buttons.  With the buttons facing with the terminals up, from left to right, would that be minus, ground, plus?

Thanks,